Tobi Podhaler Dosage
Tobi Podhaler capsules are inhaled twice a day for 28 days, followed by a 28-day break without the medicine. This cycle is continued until your healthcare provider tells you otherwise. The standard Tobi Podhaler dosage is four 28-mg capsules twice daily. These capsules are put into the device that comes with the medication. The device punctures them, allowing you to inhale the powder inside.
There is only one standard recommended dose of Tobi® Podhaler™ (tobramycin inhalation powder), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The usual recommended dose of Tobi Podhaler is four 28-mg capsules (112 mg total) twice a day for 28 days, followed by a 28-day break when the medicine is not taken. This cycle of 28 days on the drug followed by 28 days off should be repeated until your healthcare provider tells you otherwise.
This medication must be taken with the Tobi Podhaler device. This device punctures the capsules and allows you to inhale the powder inside them. Only one capsule can be placed in the device at a time, so you will need to follow the procedures for taking the medicine four times for each dose.
Your healthcare provider will show you how to use the Podhaler device. You will also receive written instructions. Make sure to ask questions if anything is unclear.
Each Podhaler device is used for one week only. Use a new device each time you start a new weekly pack of capsules.
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Tobi Podhaler include the following:
- Tobi Podhaler comes in the form of a capsule. The contents are inhaled by mouth twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- Do not swallow the capsules whole; they will not work if swallowed. Instead, you must use the Podhaler device to take this medication. Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you are unsure how to use it.
- You will need to inhale at least twice with each capsule to get the full dose. The capsules should be empty when you have finished. If powder remains in the capsules, inhale again until the capsule is empty.
- Try to take your doses at about the same time each day, as close to 12 hours apart as possible, but no less than 6 hours apart.
- If you are using other inhaled medicines, you should take your Tobi Podhaler dose last, unless your healthcare provider tells you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Tobi Podhaler dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.