When and How to Take PulmozymeGeneral considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- Pulmozyme is inhaled into the lungs once or twice a day.
- It comes in single-use ampules that are used in a nebulizer. You will need to purchase or rent a nebulizer in order to use the drug.
- Do not dilute Pulmozyme or mix it with other nebulizer medications.
- Make sure you know exactly how to use and clean the nebulizer.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- How you respond to Pulmozyme
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Pulmozyme Dosage for more information.)
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Pulmozyme. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Pulmozyme include, but are not limited to:
- Sore throat
- Chest pain
- Voice changes
- Runny or stuffy nose.
(Click Pulmozyme Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)