Different factors can affect the Pulmozyme dosage a person is prescribed, including how the person initially responds to the drug and if other medical conditions are present. In most cases, a single dose of 2.5 mg, taken once daily, is prescribed. However, some people may need to take the drug twice a day. To ensure an effective treatment process, follow your healthcare provider's Pulmozyme dosing guidelines as instructed.
Pulmozyme Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Pulmozyme® (dornase alfa) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- How you respond to Pulmozyme
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your Pulmozyme dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Pulmozyme Dosing for Cystic FibrosisThe recommended dose of Pulmozyme when treating cystic fibrosis is typically Pulmozyme 2.5 mg (one ampule) inhaled once daily using a nebulizer. However, some people (especially older people or those with very poor lung function) may benefit from taking Pulmozyme twice daily.
General Pulmozyme Dosage InformationConsiderations for people taking Pulmozyme include the following:
- The medication is inhaled into the lungs once or twice a day.
- Pulmozyme comes in single-use ampules that are used in a nebulizer. You will need to purchase or rent a nebulizer in order to use Pulmozyme.
- Do not dilute Pulmozyme or mix it with other nebulizer medications.
- Make sure you know exactly how to use and clean the nebulizer.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Pulmozyme will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Pulmozyme or your Pulmozyme dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.