Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Pertzye include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a delayed-release capsule. It is usually taken by mouth with each meal and snack.
- For small children or other individuals unable to swallow capsules, open the capsules and sprinkle the contents on a room-temperature, slightly acidic food, such as applesauce. Swallow the applesauce or yogurt completely and immediately, without chewing. Follow with water or juice.
- Do not crush or chew the capsules, as this will destroy their extended-release properties and may cause mouth irritation.
- For Pertzye to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Your symptoms will return if you stop taking this medication.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Pertzye dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.