Kalydeco Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects of Kalydeco are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling (especially of the lips, mouth, or throat)
- Wheezing or other breathing problems
- Signs of liver damage, such as:
- Upper-right abdominal (stomach) pain
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dark urine.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Kalydeco or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.