When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Kalydeco include the following:
- Kalydeco comes in tablet form. Depending on a number of factors, it is taken by mouth once a day, twice a day, or twice a week.
- For people taking this medication twice daily, take the doses about 12 hours apart. For those taking it once a day, make sure to take it at the same time each day.
- Make sure to take Kalydeco with a high-fat meal. This should not be a problem for most people, as a high-fat diet is usually recommended for people with cystic fibrosis. This helps increase the absorption of the drug.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Kalydeco your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Your liver function
- Other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Kalydeco Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of KalydecoJust like any medicine, Kalydeco may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common Kalydeco side effects include but are not limited to:
(Click Kalydeco Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)